Whether your white plastic chairs exist indoors or outdoors, their exposure to dust, food and drinks stains or dirt due to continual usage gives them an undesirable appearance. Also, their white colour makes them get dirty easily.
Even if you don’t use them, they can lose their enlightened look due to dust and mould gathering. But with the easy cleaning methods we provide, you will never worry about cleaning your white plastic chairs.
White plastic chairs have beneficial roles in use. The common use of them is at verandas or the gardens of homes to enjoy sitting beyond nature with its open-air that can renew mood and energy.
We also may use them inside our homes. They are so helpful in family and friend gatherings. Their white colour is trendy and suitable for nearly all modern styles.
Tips Before Cleaning Your White Plastic Chairs
- Never utilize severe cleaners, tough brushes or hard scrubbing tools. They will cause scratches which can collect dirt.
- In case you will clean with bleach, test its solution on an invisible spot first to ensure it won’t give rise to yellowing.
- Clean in your bathroom or on a concrete area if your chairs are in your garden and avoid harming the grass there with any chemicals. Especially, in case of flushing your chairs with water for rinsing the
- Wet your chairs before starting the process of cleaning.
Effective Methods for Cleaning the Chairs
Use Liquid Dish Soap
- Add half a cup to 2-3 litres of water.
- Allow this solution to make soapsuds.
- Scrub using a gentle scrubber or sponge.
- Rinse the chairs with water or a clean wet cloth.
- Dry them with a microfiber towel, soft clean cloth or let the air dry them.
All-purpose cleaners and liquid laundry detergents can also lead to great results. In case, you want to use any of them, apply the same method of dish soap cleaning. It’s ok to increase the amount of water to a gallon if you want or if you feel them a bit strong products.
Use Baking Soda
- Mix baking soda with water in a suitable bowl. Make it a bit thick solution.
- Wipe your chairs with a sponge dipped in the solution.
- Rinse the chairs with water.
- Dry with a clean towel.
You may read: How to Clean a Blender Machine
- Make a solution of one-fourth cup of vinegar and 2-4 litres of water.
- Splash the solution on your white plastic chairs or wipe them with a sponge immersed in the solution.
- Wait for some minutes before you rinse with water or a wet cloth.
- Dry the chairs with a microfiber towel.
- Put one-fourth cup of bleach into a bucket of water.
- Wipe with a sponge or gentle brush dipped in the previous solution.
- Rinse then dry.
Final Tips on White Plastic Chairs
Your white plastic chairs can stay clean for a longer time if you follow these few tips:
- Dust and wipe them regularly with a wet towel.
- Cover them with a cloth if you won’t use them for a lot of time.
- When you place them outside, sunlight and dust can cause oxidation to the chairs. So, you can also avoid this by opening your outside umbrella.
- Avoid leaving them under trees.